Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger

Style Weekly: "the politics of fear and a growing racial divide still cripple Richmond [Virginia]." Mayor Douglas Wilder: "a cesspool of corruption and inefficiency." Ninth most dangerous city in the US. The state claims that "Virginia is for lovers" but the General Assembly passed a law "which some contend is the most anti-gay legislation in the country." (Style Weekly) And don't get me started on Henhicko County, Native American for "land of the hicks." Now at www.richmondsucks.com.

December 20, 2005

The Decisive Moment


The Decisive Moment
Originally uploaded by lorenzodom.
The Decisive Moment

Everything I've learned about photography has either been existential or taught to me by the streets. In other words, I did not go to school to learn how to take pictures.

Hence, I have been at a loss when people have compared my work to that of Henri Cartier-Bresson. Certainly, I had heard of his name, but was not as familiar with his art as perhaps I should be.

However, recently I was invited to participate in a group dedicated to his methodology and "philosophy." So, I decided that before I agreed to join that I should finally attempt to understand what all the hub-bub was all about, and in turn read the following article about Bresson's work: The Decisive Moment .

The newest set of photos I've culled together is based on what I found out, which is essentially that Henri had a knack for capturing moments when all the elements seem to come together.

It is a method to the madness that has long spurred my own creative work and one which underlies much of the lost man chronicles. In particular, living for the moment is single most important tenet that spurs both my literary and photographic art.

To view all of the photos chosen for the The Decisive Moment set in a large format slideshow go to www.lorenzoblog.com! and click on A La Bresson.

*

This photo was taken on November 30, 2005, Bryant Park, Manhattan, New York City, NY.

to view a sample of the bryant park photos in a large format slideshow go to www.lorenzoblog.com!

remember to hit F11 on your keyboard for the best view. this enables your "full screen" feature. high-access highly recommended.
- Flickr friend Lorenzodom

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
"...the quintessential everyman, he's a little bit of everything that we're all striving for... mostly the search for the truth in our lives. From poignant notions of love to our own inescapable lascivious tendencies, from mundane to the outlandish, on that journey we face tough questions, but even tougher decisions. He'll take you on his journey and back, he won't promise you enlightenment (who can?), but you can at least be assured of a good time. Thanks..." - boyzco